Weed edibles are among the most popular products in the market today, allowing consumers to get high on the go. This delivery method is a delicious way of ingesting marijuana extracts, too. Whether you’re eating a cookie, gummy, and other delicacies infused with CBD and THC, you would surely enjoy its therapeutic and psychoactive effects. You can get your supply at the nearest cannabis dispensary. But if you want to prepare it at home, the possibilities are endless. There are now many recipes that you can try, and you no longer have to settle with the available items at any store.
Does that sound cool? Are you a bit excited to get into cooking with cannabis? If so, this article is right for you. We are introducing the top 10 best cannabis recipes that might also match your taste. Since the process is like any food and drinks that you prepare in the kitchen, you need a guide throughout the preparation. Once you become familiar with each recipe, you can begin the most exciting part – your hands-on cooking. Let’s get it started!
Overview of Cannabis Edibles
These weed varieties are characterized by their longer onset time than smoking, vaping, and other delivery methods – it might take an hour or so for the full effects to kick in. The upside is that it’s a more fun and delicious way of consuming weed, and once you start feeling the effects, it can last for six to eight hours. You can have these products either homemade or from commercial producers.
Most edibles contain a substantial amount of THC, producing psychoactive effects, such as euphoria, relaxation, sleepiness, and more. When you prepare yours at home, make sure that you measure the right amount of this substance, given the possibility of overdosing. You might experience some discomfort from adverse bodily and mental reactions if that happens. But once you master the craft of infusing CBD and THC into your favorite foods and drinks, you can enjoy these products for recreational and medical purposes.
Top 10 Best Weed Edible Recipes On Our List
There’s a feeling of fulfillment if you can prepare your weed edibles at home instead of getting your supply from any cannabis dispensary. But it also depends on your circumstances because sometimes ordering marijuana products online is much easier and quicker. Nevertheless, if you opt to cook your own CBD or THC-infused edibles, here are the top 10 best weed edible recipes on our list:
Just by the name itself, it suggests that there’s something special about this edible weed. It’s a popular dessert among weed lovers – seriously speaking. To prepare this recipe at home, you need a box of brownie mix that calls for cannabis oil. You have to infuse 4 to 18 grams of weed extracts into the recipe. Once it’s set, proceed with heating a saucepan with the right amount of oil and add the weed to the pan. Make sure that you are cooking at medium to low temperatures for around 30 minutes. If the process is done, follow the instructions on the brownie box, and you can enjoy your special brownies.
Who doesn’t love cake? If you want it infused with CBD or THC to get high or experience some relief, the good news is, you can prepare your space cake at home. This recipe is popular nowadays, allowing everyone to customize their tastes. You are free to experiment with the kind of cake you want to cook. But there are basic cooking guidelines that you need to follow in the process, as enumerated below:
- Melt 225 grams of butter in your microwave
- Remove the melted butter and place it into a mixing bowl
- Add 8 grams of cannabis and stir them together over the medium heat
- Add 200 grams of sugar and blend using a whisk
- Add 225 grams of the flour mixture, 160 milliliters of milk, two eggs, one teaspoon baking soda, and ½ teaspoon of salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together until the batter has a smooth consistency
- You can add extra ingredients if you want and stir them into the batter until well blended
- Pour the batter into a cake mold and bake until golden brown
- Use a toothpick to determine when the cake is ready
- Once it’s ready, you can cut the cake for 12 servings
Weed Ice Cream
It might sound weird – but yes, you can have a taste of a weed ice cream. That’s for real! This recipe is perfect for a warm summer night. Just follow the procedures below to get started and enjoy your weed ice cream soon:
- Heat 18 ounces of cream in a saucepan until it boils
- Heat ¼ stick of butter, 75 grams of sugar, and a pinch of salt together in a separate pan
- Place ¼ ounce of weed into the melted butter
- Whisk the cream into the butter mixture
- Peel a few bananas and mash them in a bowl
- Add some honey and rum to the bananas
- Combine the banana mixture with the cream and butter
- Pour the ingredients into a large container and freeze for a few hours
- Once it’s frozen, you can then enjoy your weed ice cream!
Craving for a delicious biscuit? Gladly, you no longer have to settle for the ordinary products sold at convenience stores. You can switch to weed Oreos that could undeniably satisfy your craving for this popular treat. How to prepare this recipe at home? Just follow these procedures:
- Mix Oreo Cookies ‘n Creme with 500 ml of milk in a bowl and stir well
- Remove the white centers of cookies and leave only the dark outsides
- Mix white centers with Cookies ‘n Cream and add 30 grams of cannabis butter
- Take the dark Oreo cookie outsides and place them face down
- Take a scoop of Cookies ‘n Cream and cannabis butter
- Mix and use it to glue the two outsides back together
- Place the weed Oreos in the freezer for about 14 minutes
- Once the cookies stay together as a whole, you’re ready to enjoy them!
Want a cheesy way of consuming weed edibles? You can now prepare cannabis butter at home! This is an excellent recipe to learn since it’s used in several other foods infused with marijuana extracts. All you need is 1 lb of butter and ½ ounce of weed that has been ground up fine. You have to melt the butter in a saucepan and add the marijuana. Let it simmer on the stove until the butter has become a shade of green from the cannabis. Then pour the mixture through a strainer and chill the butter in your fridge.
No-Bake Canna Cookies
Their meal wouldn’t be complete for some weed enthusiasts without some taste of canna cookies. This dessert can be prepared at your home, too. It’s straightforward to make, not to mention quite delicious like other marijuana recipes previously mentioned. To begin the process, you need a saucepan to mix 2 cups of sugar, ½ cup of cannabutter, four tablespoons of cocoa, and ½ cup of milk. Afterwards, you have to add 1 cup of peanut butter, 3 cups of oatmeal, and one tablespoon of vanilla. Then, combine all the ingredients and drop them on a waxed cookie sheet with a spoon. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes, and start enjoying your canna cookies.
Ordinary pancakes are not bad at all, but if you had a better choice, you surely wouldn’t settle for anything less. Have you tried magic pancakes yet? It’s probably time that you should have a taste of this delicious treat. The cooking process is quite simple. You have to start by preheating your griddle or pan. Add 225 ml of cannabis milk to your pancake mixture of 150 grams flour, two teaspoons of sugar, one baking soda, ½ teaspoon of salt, and one egg. Just follow the same procedures of cooking ordinary pancakes to complete the whole process.
Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
Another treat that you can’t afford to miss is the cannabis peanut butter cookie. What’s cool about this homemade product is that you can get a taste of weed in a mouthwatering form. How do you prepare this one? Just follow these easy steps:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Mix ½ cup of peanut butter and ½ cup of melted weed butter
- Add ½ cup of flour, ½ cup of brown sugar, ½ cup of sugar, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, one teaspoon of vanilla, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, and one egg.
- Make small bowls of the mixture and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for at least 10 minutes and let it cool before enjoying your cookies
5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Want a quick way to enjoy food infused with cannabis? Here’s the recipe that’s definitely for you! A 5-minute chocolate mug cake is delicious and easy to prepare. Below are the simple procedures to prepare it in your kitchen:
- Mix 4 tablespoons of flour, two tablespoons of cocoa, four tablespoons of sugar, three tablespoons of chocolate chips, and one egg into your mug
- You can add some amount of vanilla extract and mix them all.
- Fold in 3 tablespoons of cannabutter.
- Heat the mixture in a microwave for at least five minutes.
- Enjoy your mug cake!
Drinks are weed edibles, too. One of the most popular varieties today is marijuana tea, which has several health benefits, such as enhancing mood and relieving pain. This beverage is easy to prepare. All you have to do is boil water and pour it over the marijuana plant. You have to let the water seep into the herb for an hour and a half. Afterwards, add one tablespoon of marijuana or regular butter. You are then ready to drink your tea!
Why Is It Cheaper to Make Edibles at Home?
Did you know? Buying weed edibles from a retail store can be more expensive than preparing homemade treats. It doesn’t apply in all circumstances, but that’s the truth that you should consider as you choose between these two alternatives. The marked-up price is the way businesses earn profits from their sales.
Cookies, gummies, and other edibles come at a much higher price point. If you have a tight budget, it’s not a good idea to purchase a box of space cakes for $20. A more practical option is to make your edibles at home and enjoy the cheaper cost of the cooking process. It also allows you to experiment with foods and drinks most appealing to your taste. You can follow the weed recipes given above and enjoy your treats at home!
Onset Time and Duration of Weed Edible Effects
Weed products, in general, are proven beneficial for a range of health conditions, such as stress, pain, inflammation, anxiety, depression, and more. Each variety only differs on the intensity of effects, how long it starts to kick in, and how long it lasts in your system. Interestingly, weed edibles have a unique case as they can take hours to take effect but could also last for hours to subside.
Once you swallow an edible, your digestive system breaks it down first before the cannabinoids start taking effect. How long this process takes depends on the kind of edible you consume, the dosage, your metabolism, and whether your stomach is empty or full. Your weed tolerance also plays a crucial role in this matter.
Generally, cannabis edibles take at least one hour to kick in. As such, after ingestion, you have to wait some extra minutes before increasing your dose. There’s a tendency for edibles to go from 0 to 100 quickly. Remember that the effects can vary from user to user, given the different factors mentioned above. It could also last for several hours once you experience the effects.
Get the Best Weed Edibles at Our Store!
If you need some supplies to make your cannabis edibles at home, we got you covered! Our store has a wide variety of weed items sold commercially and for those who are into homemade products. As our valued customer, you can easily access the best offers and informative resources on our website, such as How To Cook With Cannabis and The Sweetest Cannabis Products. You are guaranteed convenient and secure shopping with us at From the Earth. Feel free to contact us anytime!